Sunday 5 October 2014

Lino Printing

Lino printing was my favourite printing method. Because Lino is a really thick, rubber material which i find easy to carve and draw onto. This was the first time i have ever created a Lino printing, so many ideas were small and basic. Such as; i decided on a bunting going across the Lino and then the title on the right corner. And for the bottom i decided on drawing the Yorkshire Rose. Once i decided on my drawing ideas for my Lino printing, i was then ready to start carving into my drawings. By using a cutting tool called Baren. I found it quite intresting using the Baren. Carving into the lines of my drawings, was a smooth texture and picked up very easily. Once i finished every outline of my drawings with the Baren. They began to stand out and shown a nice design on my Lino. Finally, i was ready to add water-coloured based ink on my Lino to create some Lino printings. For my first choice of colour, i'd decided to go with a Turquiose colour then put my Lino under the roller machine. My first print didn't come out aswell enough. Because the Yorkshire rose smudged while going through the roller machine. For my second print i'd decided to use the colour black, which looked effective after i'd used Turquiose. Only this time when i place my Lino under the roller machine, my Lino printing came out crickley. At this point i'd had enough, but i'd thought about trying one more time to see if i'd get a better result. So this time, i'd washed my Lino down and then used the colour Green. Results i'd got this time was alot better, especially with the colour Green. In some areas i could have go back over with the Baren. To make my drawings and the outlines deeper for the Lino printing to work. Lastly, i was impressed with myself and on how i'd stayed on task and created a nice piece of Lino printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment