Wednesday 1 October 2014

Collagraph Mistake

After many lessons working hard on my collagraph, making sure there was enough layers on. Also, my collagraph was dry from varnishing it. Futhermore, finished sticking different materials down such as; cardboard, brown paper, black card and cartridge paper. I finally was able to move onto my next step of my collagraph, which was to start printing by using water-based inks. By spreading a colour water-based ink onto my collagraph, making sure every area was covered. Before we started spreading a colour water-based ink, we were asked to try and experiment with two colours. Because our collagegraphs will look more effective. When i tried to add two water coloured-based inks to my collagraph, it didn't go exactly how i thought it would. Because i had to constantly add a big amount of ink onto my collagraph and try to cover ever area, with a small piece of card. Futhermore, the colours i chose was Brown and Black. Because i wanted to have a Brown background and Black outlines showing were i have added extra layers. To give my collagraph a really good effect. Once i added the coloured water-based ink, Brown and managed to cover up all the areas on my collagraph. Next i had to get either newspaper or magazine and wipe down all the ink from the collagraph. So the layers am wanting to have a different colour, doesn't have the previous colour on them and that they're dry. Then, once i thought my collagraph was dry and ready. I rolled out the coloured water-based ink Black and then began to roll the Black, onto the layers i am wanting to colour. Unfortanly, the collagraph i was wanting to create didn't turn out as well. Because the Black coloured water-based ink didnt go onto the layers i was wanting to colour. Instead it went all over my background colour Brown, which made my collagraph very messy and look untidy. I wasn't really happy with the results i got, but i was determined to carry on with my collagraph prints. Once i had my two colours on my collagraph, i was then ready to place my collagraph onto the bench. Which is a machine that turns a huge roll and places alot of weight onto the print, you're wanting to create. Once my print came out from the otherside of the bench, i took out my collagraph but my print was stuck. I tried many times to carefully, release my print but at the end i ended up wripping my print. So i throw away the print and then i wasn't really intrested in collagraph after that. Because of how my print turned out also the colours i used. Lastly, when i returned to the classroom. I took some time to relax after getting annoyed with my results of my collagraph. And began to create another collagraph, to see if i get the same results again.

No comments:

Post a Comment