Thursday 16 January 2014

Print Making Session 1

For my first session of printmaking, we began to go through the steps of printmaking. Afterwards, we all was given a metal plate (zinc).Then we was given tools such as; craving tool, filer and a spoon. Before we could do anything, we had to file and smooth all the corners and edges on our metal plate. Furthermore, we were given A2 paper and had to design up to 4 drawings for a design on our metal plate. I only designed one drawing which was a Eagle tattoo. Then, once my design was fully completed, i was ready to put that design onto my plate. Firstly, by tracing my design onto a piece of tracing paper and then tracing it onto the metal plate. Secondly, i used my craving tool by scratching over my image again. Also etch into areas which are dark. And the place the plate into a tray of acid, for at least 3-5 minutes.Then clean the metal plate with a liquid which removes all the dirt and scratches off the plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment