Tuesday 1 April 2014

Experimental Portrait

For Experimental Portrait lesson, we began by taking photos of either ourselves or other members in our class. But we was only allowed to take these photos from chest to head. Because it was easier and more simple instead of going for full body portraits. On my table we all decided to take pictures of each other and decide to draw whoever once the pictures was taken. Amy decided to draw Zoe, I decided to draw Amy and Zoe decided to draw me. When we got all our pictures (10x at least) we had to come to the decision of only choosing 4x best ones. Once we all chose our 4x pictures each, we then could start drawing our portraits. My tutor recommended that we should use a square guide to help us draw every thing and every detail in step by step with the squares. But I already tried and knew that technique and I was more confident just to draw the photo as I saw it. Also, we had the choice whether to add a background or not. I did, for my background i used ink and acrylic paints. With the ink i firstly poured a little amount on ink onto my page and then got a straw and began blowing the ink in different areas and style. Furthermore, once the ink was dry i then decided to add more texture by putting the acrylic paint into a cup of water and mix it. Once it was all mixed i then used a defuser and blew the acrylic paint on certain areas of my page. Then my page was looking for interesting once it was all dry. I could then start drawing, i at least had to rub it out 2 or 3 times. Finally, i was managing to get all the details and outlines and came out with a great portrait of my model. Once, i finished drawing my portrait i noticed that the background my model was standing was white and my background on my page wasn't. So, i decided to use Emulsion to cover up all the yellow, blue background to make it look exactly like the photo i was drawing from.

No comments:

Post a Comment